Dental implants can last a lifetime if they are cared for properly. Implants can be maintained easily at home, and are the closest solution to having real teeth. They are made of titanium which is stronger than other solutions on the market such as dentures or bridges.
Patients must have adequate bone to ensure the procedure is a success, and so the implants remain stable in the mouth. Our team at Fraser Family will meet with our patients, and discuss the current health of your mouth to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. A procedure can be done to graft bone to the implant area if the patient needs additional support for the implants. Over time, osseointegration occurs where the jawbone heals around the implant. This increases the strength and stability of the implants.
Fraser Family recommends good oral hygiene to ensure your implants stay healthy and last longer. Keeping your gums free of inflammation or infection also helps to maintain the strength of the implant.
Listed below are reasons why dental implants are a great tooth replacement option:
- Dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth and are a very reliable tooth restoration solution.
- Implants are built with strong materials made to last for a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Implant are anchored to bone rather than the tooth’s roots. This allows implants to withstand more pressure than natural teeth.
- If a bone graft is needed, the procedure will provide additional strength to your jawbone and ease healing around the implant. This also prevents implants from becoming loose and increases the life of the implant.
- Implants are permanent and more comfortable in the mouth compared to other solutions such as dentures or bridges.
Good oral hygiene is important to keeping your implants healthy so they last longer and look great.
If you would like to discuss if dental implants are right for you, please call or email Fraser Family today to schedule your appointment.