If you want a comfortable and permanent solution for your teeth, then dental implants may be right for you. Fraser Family Dental Clinic provides dental implants to our patients to help get them the smile they desire.
Dental Implants provide strong and stable teeth, and are built to last for years. Implants take around four to six months to heal, and this is because the bone has to fuse to your new implants. Fraser Family will meet with you and discuss if you are a good candidate for implants. We will also help you with an at home care routine to keep your dental implants looking and feeling great.
Once the procedure is complete, we will recommend you follow an at home care routine to keep your gums pink with no signs of infection. Good oral hygiene is recommended so your implants stay strong and stable in your mouth. Fraser Family is always available to answer any questions our patients may have during the implant process.
Here are some guidelines to follow when caring for dental implants:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily to remove any plaque or bacteria from your teeth, and use a low abrasive brush such as a soft tooth brush.
- Use a non-microbial rinse if you see any inflammation around your implants to prevent infection.
- Floss daily with an implant specific floss to protect the tissue surrounding the dental implants.
- To reach difficult areas around dental implants use a Waterpik Water Flosser.
- Avoid any products containing sodium fluoride, baking soda, stannous fluoride or stain removers. This can remove the oxide layer on the implants, and the implant can be prone to corrosion.
Caring for your dental implants is similar to caring for natural teeth, and if done regularly can keep your dental implants looking great for years. Dental implants are designed to last a long time if you practice good oral hygiene.
Call or email Fraser Family today to schedule your appointment and see how dental implants can work for you!