If you aren’t happy with your smile, your teeth are crooked, or you are just wondering at what point you or your child will need braces, we are here to help. At Fraser Family Dental Clinic we encourage patients to schedule an orthodontic consultation. Our team will create an individualized treatment plan for each patient, and give them all the options available, so they can choose the best treatment that fits their needs.
Diagnostic Techniques we use during our orthodontic consultation:
- Create a custom plaster mold of your teeth
- Take detailed photographs of your mouth and teeth
- Take x-rays of your mouth
As part of the individualized treatment plan, we will go over all the orthodontics options available, while listening to the patient to hear what their goals are. We want the patient to choose the best solution and ensure they are happy with their decision.
Orthodontics Treatment Options:
- Braces – fixed appliances that fasten to teeth and are tightened periodically with wires that connect to brackets. This allows the teeth to slowly move into the proper position over time. The amount of time braces are needed varies per patient. This depends on how much movement is required to get the teeth into place. Braces are the most common solution to most cases.
- Invisalign – Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces. Custom trays are made to be worn over time in a certain sequence for the teeth to move into place. Depending on the severity of the patient’s teeth Invisalign may be an option.
- Removable or permanent retainers – These are provided to correct very minor issues with teeth, and are also used after braces are removed to keep teeth in place after treatment.
Correcting your teeth can be simple with the right orthodontics treatment. We encourage you to meet with our highly skilled team to go over your options. Let us help you get closer to that perfect smile you have always wanted.
Call or email Fraser Family today to schedule your appointment and learn more about our orthodontics options.